Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So, just who is Pete and what can he possibly know about marketing libraries?


I thought I'd start this blog to share my knowledge and experience of marketing in general and in a public library context. My impression is that marketing is generally confused by librarians with promotion. There is a lot more to marketing than promotion, which I will explain and elucidate in this blog. I'll also provide you with some useful practical marketing tips and, hopefully, some fun and frivolity along the way.


My background is in public libraries in NSW. I've worked in them for the past 30 years starting as a library assistant and progressing through a range of librarian positions.


I've developed and managed marketing research and planning projects, promotional programs and events, including programs and services that have been designed to recover their outgoing costs and generate revenue. I'm a bit of a marketing tragic as you can see from my del.icio.us bookmarks

.

I'm also a part time TAFE teacher of management and marketing. Academically, I've done a bit, and I'm still learning:


* Graduate Certificate in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
* Interstrength Accreditation
* Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training
* Diploma in Marketing Management, Winner of the TAFE State Medal
* Certificate IV in Team Leadership, Winner of the TAFE State Medal
* MBTI Accreditation
* Graduate Diploma in Librarianship
* Bachelor of Arts majoring in English and Australian literature and modern European history.


If you want to know anything else about me, just ask.

No comments: